Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Milani Multitasker Face Powder

I've just started incorporating face powders into my make up routine mainly because I have combination skin and my t-zone is always a hot slippery mess. It's awful in the summer and I live in a pretty warm climate.

Now what I look for in a powder is simple. I just want it to control oil, go on smooth, and not look heavy or cakey on my face. 

I tested the new Milani Multitasker Face Powder in light medium. 

The compact itself is huge. I wouldn't say it's travel friendly but I can always depot it and place it in my z-pallet. 


It's the design that gets me every time. I kept thinking to myself that I didn't want to ruin it!


The compact has a bottom compartment which holds a decent sized powder sponge and a mirror.


The powder is so smooth to the touch and goes on easily. It controls my t-zone for about 3-4  hours before I have to blot which isn't too bad. It looks natural on too which I love.

However on the back of the product Milani says it doesn't cake but I have tried to layer it and it does get cakey. So be careful and use a light hand.


I think I found the perfect way for me to place it on my face. If I put the powder on right after I put on foundation, I get these really weird dry spots. So I wait 1-2 minutes before applying and instead of swiping it, I dab it on. That way I'm not taking anything off my face or smearing what's underneath.


Overall I like it. I would probably buy this again but it's not my HG. I actually found one I love and will be blogging about it soon.

2 comments:

  1. I love the design on this, gorgeous! Must have a look to see if they have a shade that will suit me!

    Sharleena xx
    markedbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they work out for you Sharleena!

    ReplyDelete