Wednesday, February 22, 2012

LUSH Henna Hair Dye


I was considering dying my hair but I'm hesitant in adding harsh chemicals to my fine thin hair. Chao Bunny made a really good point in my last post but I just really love that ombre! Well a new store opened in San Diego called LUSH. They are an all organic one stop shop for body, hair, and even cosmetics. I absolutely love them already. I took home a sample of the R&B leave in conditioner and I'll be coming back for much more. But enough about that.

A sales associate introduced me to their Henna hair dyes. 100% all natural hair dye that you can use whenever you feel like brighting or buiding your hair color. It actually covers your hair strands instead of killing the proteins in them and nourishes your scalp and hair.

"We use the finest Persian henna, which has been used since ancient times to dye the skin and hair. The leaves are dried and ground into a powder and it is this, mixed with conditioning cocoa butter, which forms the basis of our Cacas."


The website lists all the ingredients used and even has the pictures next to them. They also have directions on how to break down the dye which I have posted on here as well.

1. Cut henna up into small pieces and put in a heatproof bowl.
2. Add hot water and let steep. Mix to a yogurt-like consistency.
3. Put on gloves and apply from back to front, coating hair thoroughly.
4. Cover in cling wrap for a more vibrant red. Leave on for one to six hours.
5. Rinse, shampoo, and condition hair.
Tips: Always do a strand test first. Use face cream (or Ultra Bland) around your hairline and ears to protect skin. Wrap hair in cling film for a redder color. For darker, richer colors, leave on longer (up to six hours).

 
I've never heard about this but I'm willing to give it a try. For a safe, chemical free way to dye my hair to the color I want for about $25 makes me want to run over there right now. I'll probably be trying this out next week. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Have you tried any LUSH products? What are your thoughts on Henna?

8 comments:

  1. oOo this sounds so cool i want to try it too!! let me know how it turns out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh sounds interesting. I am thinking about dying my hair too but like you am afraid of the harshness of it!

    Stumbled upon your blog through blog-hop - greatest way to connect to bloggers ever! Let's keep in contact. Please check out my blog and follow me too if you like it, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard of LUSH but have never tried. Always wanted to though, just never got around to it.

    This definitely sounds interesting. Please keep us posted on how the dye job turns out. I have dark dark brown here and a lot of at home dyes don't show up. Please let me know if it shows up on you. If you give it positive review, I may be ditching my hair salon since they love to overcharge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should to know more about Henna, just to make it sure. Even naturally is the best thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried some of their conditioners and shampoos. If you henna be sure to always use a leave in conditioner.Always, SOULBeautiful xx*s

    ReplyDelete
  6. couple months ago i was sure i go for henna, but was for short period. it's really hard to making this alone.
    wish you luck

    http://excurlythoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds great, I can't wait to hear how it turns out for you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't try this. I am a long time user of henna and this did absolutely nothing for my hair. The fact that it is in a bar made it that much more difficult to prepare. Try a powder I really don't recommend this

    ReplyDelete