Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Chanel Perfection vs. Vitalumiere

I'm running out of foundation and I've been researching which foundation I should explore next. I have tried Mac, Sephora, Makeup Forever, Bare Escentuals, a couple Korean and Japanese brands, and Bobbi Brown. But I haven't tried Chanel and I have read some pretty good things about them. 

I went to Nordstrom and a kind sales associate let me try the Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation and the Chanel Vitalumiere. I posted some pictures of the two swatches on the back of my sadly dry hands below. 



Chanel Perfection Lumiere


Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua

Can you see the difference? I felt that the Lumiere was more creamy compared to the Vitalumiere which was more watery hence the name. It applied like a dream, the foundation didn't sink into any lines and gave me medium coverage. It's also supposed to last about 15 hours without primer. It lasted on my hand for about 8 hours and that was with me trying to swipe it off with a napkin. I'm quite impressed. 

The Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua however didn't make me sing. It dried out my skin instead and enhanced everything I didn't want it to. It also gave me no coverage whatsoever. I'm pretty bummed out about that since I know other people love this foundation. 

What I loved about Chanel's foundations were their wide range of color matches and their sleek designs. I always prefer a pump than a tube or a compact any day of the week. Oh and both foundations have SPF!

I'm probably going to purchase the Chanel Perfection Lumiere once I run out of my samples but I'm also looking into Le Metier de Beaute Classic Flawless Finish Foundation

Foundation

What's your favorite foundation? Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment